Summer is a welcome season here in Ontario as we focus on enjoying the water on Georgian Bay, hiking, biking, and the local bounty from gardens and local producers. Our summer hours go into effect soon, so see the list below (and know these are always up to date on our website). We’re also excited to share some ideas about how to get the most out of the summer season.
Summer Office Hours
Please note that we have extended long weekends over the summer. While our office will be closed on the following dates, we’re happy to set up meetings and answer inquiries during our business hours. We will also monitor our voicemail on the days the office is closed but the markets are open (noted with a * below), so if something is urgent, leave us a message and we will return your call as quickly as possible. Refer to our website for more information on our office hours.
- Friday, July 1st — Canada Day
- Monday, July 4th – Long weekend closure*
- Friday, July 29th – Long weekend closure*
- Monday, August 1st – Civic Holiday
- Friday, September 2nd – Long weekend closure*
- Monday, September 5th – Labour Day
If you haven’t seen our latest blog and are a caregiver (or know someone who is), it’s worth a read. Caregiving for family members is something that is on the rise, and it can be difficult to balance. We liked this different perspective on how to look at caregiving and hope you will also find it useful.
Enjoying the Local Summer Bounty
The last two years have made us all view food differently, and many local farms have seen peak interest and appreciation for what they do. There are too many to list, but we do have a few favourite local establishments that feature (or even grow!) local fruits and vegetables, along with offering other delicious products, like baked goods, preserves, and ready-made meals. They also stock curated specialty items you won’t find at big-box grocers. As you plan your summer get-togethers, or even a weeknight dinner, consider exploring these independent farm-to-table establishments for your next culinary adventure.
- Goldsmiths Orchard Market—A Blue Mountain staple located between Thornbury and Meaford, Goldsmiths started as a roadside produce stand in the 1960s. They offer a delightful selection of local fruits and vegetables, and we especially appreciate their Harvest Schedule on their website, so you can anticipate what fresh goodies will be available when. They offer a well-rounded selection of meats, dairy, and produce to save you another stop if you have a comprehensive menu planned. There are lots of preserves, sweets, and condiments to choose from, too. And if you arrive at the right time, the smell of freshly baked pies or cookies greets you as you walk in. Take a look at their website here.
- Currie’s Farm Market–Since 1957, Currie’s Farm Market has been a family-run business. If you haven’t been into their location at the corner of the 6th and 10th lines, you’re missing out on gorgeous vegetables and fruit right out of their fields and greenhouses, along with carefully selected items to help round out your dinner prep. They have delicious bakery options, flower bouquets, pantry items, and lots of ready-made meals ready to heat and serve. Those in the know belong to their CSA program, which requires signup in the spring. You can also find them at the Collingwood Farmer’s Market on Saturday mornings with their seasonal fare ready to take home. You can view their website here.
- The Wild Stand–Located on 124 at the south end of Collingwood, the Wild Stand is an epicurean’s delight for organic and locally sourced produce and products. They offer an excellent selection of pre-packaged bulk goods, organic dairy elixirs, deli meat, and take-home meals, along with many alternatives for dietary specifics. Leave time to browse their cookbooks, personal care items, and all the bespoke condiments and accoutrements. Each trip to this independent, four-season grocery store reveals something new. It’s a favourite stop for take-out lunch or a snack with a delicious selection of house-made baked goods, sandwiches, quick bites, and kombucha on tap. They also host pop-ups and educational events, so follow them on Facebook or Instagram for their latest news.
Wishing You a Wonderful Summer
As always, we wish you an enjoyable, light-filled summer season. We’re here if we can help with anything to do with your account. Contact us at your convenience and a member of our team will be able to help you.
*Please note that replies to this email address are not monitored in real time. Contact us via our site or reach out to your advisor directly for a timelier response.
Neal Owen | President
BlueRock Wealth Management Inc.
Financial Advisor | PEAK Investments Service Inc.
115 Hurontario Street, Suite 201 PO Box 185
Collingwood, Ontario L9Y 3Z5
Bus: 705-443-5599 x1241
The information contained herein was prepared by BlueRock Wealth Management Inc. This information has been obtained from sources we believe are reliable but is not guaranteed. The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of PEAK Investment Services.