Entrepreneurs put everything into their businesses in order to succeed — not only their own savings, but nearly all their time and energy.
But in every entrepreneur’s journey there comes a moment when they must look beyond the needs of their business and think about how to ensure that all their hard work delivers the maximum long-term rewards for them and their family.
A corporate reorganization helps reduce risks for the business and structure vital financial and ownership arrangements for effective income, retirement and estate planning.
PREPARE FOR THE FUTURE
Business owners often consider a reorganization after a period of significant growth or success, although ideally before that growth has peaked. A reorganization offers the opportunity to secure assets and prepare an exit strategy or transfer of ownership to a new generation.
When executed well, a corporate reorganization can release significant financial benefits to you within your larger financial roadmap.
There is no standard process for corporate reorganizations. Ideally, they involve much more than basic forms and corporate documentation on rollovers and estate freezes.
Our corporate reorganization team will assess your unique circumstances and customize our approach to consider:
- Operating company liability and creditor protection
- Establishing additional corporate structures and entities such as Family Trusts, Holding Companies, Operating Companies and others, with a view to future flexibility
- Tax savings strategies, including income splitting, multiple capital gains exemption
- Your personal financial roadmap, including the potential for immediate tax savings as well as retirement plans, exit strategies and estate planning
- Succession planning and family protection
- Opportunities for corporate purification to remove inactive cash or investment assets in your operating company and protect them from creditor exposure
- Detailed, easy-to-understand project reports with structure diagrams and future instructions for all corporate parties and your client team
Protect all that you have achieved in your business. By taking the steps now, you can secure the financial future for yourself, your family, and your company.