All of us at BlueRock Wealth Management wish you all the best of the holiday season! We are looking forward to spending time with friends and family and enjoying a bit of downtime and hope that you can take in the best of the season in whatever way you celebrate. Have a look at our holiday hours, some upcoming deadlines for contributions, and some local businesses that we love to frequent.
Our Holiday Hours
Here are our holiday hours for the upcoming season. You can always view our holiday hours on our website as well.
- December 24th—Open from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Closed Monday, December 27th, Tuesday, December 28th, Wednesday, December 29th, Thursday, December 30th, and Friday, December 31st
We will resume normal business hours on Monday, January 3rd. If you need investment assistance during our holiday closures, please call 705-443-5599 ext. 1248 for Karen Emslie. Karen will be checking her voicemail on the days that our office closure overlaps market opening. Please be advised that if you should require investment assistance during this time, you can leave a message and Karen will return your call. You must speak with Karen to move forward with any inquiries. We cannot proceed with voicemail or email instructions.
For all other inquiries, please leave a message for your advisor and they will return calls upon reopening.
Contribution Deadlines are Approaching Quickly
With 2021’s upcoming contribution deadlines upon us as of March 1, 2022, please touch base as soon as possible if you need to make changes to the following accounts ahead of the holidays:
- Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
- Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP)
- Individual Pension Plan (IPP)
We welcome you to call today to set up a phone, virtual, or in-person appointment. Touch base with your advisor directly, or reach out to Sandy Coates at 705-443-5599 ext. 1229. You can also click here to send a request through our site.
We are Taking In-Person Appointments
While we can still accommodate virtual meetings with you over the phone or over video, our office is open to in-person visitors by appointment. We do have some protocols in place, so contact your advisor directly should you wish to arrange a meeting at our office. If there are any changes to the provincial or local health guidelines, we will update you.
Local Businesses We Love
- Coriander Life— We commended them for putting together a fabulous digital platform when the pandemic hit. They managed to connect online while their doors were closed with a range of fashion shows and online access to their stores via social media. They have such a wide variety of unique gift ideas (and many of them local!). This is one of the best places for fun and poignant greeting and birthday cards!
- Metra Fashion House— This store has brought Collingwood a great selection of some very fashionable yet affordable casual and business clothes. Their rotating fashion is always on point for you or someone on your list.
- Elaine Dickinson— A Collingwood fashion institution! If you need a dress for a special occasion or event, Elaine will put you into something you might never think to try on but will end up looking amazing in.
- Blue Ridge Meats— This hometown butcher will accommodate anything you need, whether you are a foodie or one in the making. Try their homemade pancetta – it is fabulous.
- 1858 Caesar Bar— Great to visit and great to stock up for your holiday brunches. Try their Dill Caesar Elixir!
Why You Should Work with an Independent Wealth Advisor
We acknowledge banks have their place for day-to-day transactions. However, their other products may or may not benefit the average person when looking at long-term goals. With upcoming changes to be announced soon, we put together some of the benefits of working with an independent financial advisor to avoid some of the common misconceptions about your bigger life decisions. You can read it here.
All the best for 2022!
As we reflect upon 2021 and look ahead to 2022, one constant is certain: we are grateful for you, our clients. We value your trust and know you will call on us if there is anything we can do to help you along life’s journey.
Neal Owen | President
BlueRock Wealth Management Inc.
Financial Advisor | PEAK Investments Service Inc.
115 Hurontario Street, Suite 201 PO Box 185
Collingwood, Ontario L9Y 3Z5
Bus: 705-443-5599 x1241
The information contained herein was prepared by BlueRock Wealth Management Inc. This information has been obtained from sources we believe are reliable but is not guaranteed. The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of PEAK Investment Services.