Our team at BlueRock Wealth Management wants to wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season! Like you, we are excited to spend more time with friends and family this season and experience all the magic it brings. Keep reading for more information on our upcoming holiday hours, some exciting new things we have planned for 2023, and some of our staff members’ favourite holiday traditions.
We’ll be taking some time over the holidays to spend with our family and friends. Here are our holiday hours, and you can also view them on our website.
- Friday, December 23, 2022 – Closed
- Monday, December 26, 2022 to Monday, January 2, 2023 – Closed
Our office reopens and returns to regular business hours on Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
*If you need investment assistance during our holiday closures, please call your advisor. Advisors will be monitoring voicemails for investment inquiries on the days the markets are open. You must speak with your advisor to move forward with any inquiries. We cannot proceed with voicemail or email instructions. Emergencies will also be responded to during our closure. All other inquiries will be handled upon our return Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
Our Team’s Favourite Holiday Traditions
The holidays are a great time to spend with family and even catch up with old friends. Like many families, we have holiday traditions that bring us joy year after year.
Here are some of our team’s family holiday traditions. Maybe this will inspire you to start something new with your family or renew your efforts if things have petered off over the last few years.
- Tony Lupo, Vice President—Lasagna! Lasagna! Lasagna! While this isn’t a traditional turkey dinner, we love making lasagna as part of our holiday tradition. It takes time and planning to put it together (not to mention a secret family recipe!) and is well loved by everyone around our table.
- Kim Furniss, Sales and Marketing—Cutting our own Christmas tree. For as long as I can remember, each year we pack the saw and rope and head out to our favourite local Christmas tree lot. We wander around and look at the shape and size of many trees before making our selection. Then it’s home to trim the tree for the season.
- Karen Emslie, Associate – Our extended family does a gigantic cookie swap. Everyone in the family bakes a different type of cookie, and then we exchange them with each individual family. It’s a great way to enjoy a wide variety of cookies and see what everyone brings to the swap.
- Corrina Novotny, Associate—Even as our kids get a bit older, we still love to partake in our Christmas Eve tradition. We set out carrots for the reindeer and cookies and milk for Santa.
- Eric Hamm, Associate—A fun (and humorous!) moment around our holiday table involves Christmas crackers. We all cross arms with the people on either side of us at the table and “crack” them in unison! Who doesn’t love paper crowns for Christmas dinner!?
Strategic Planning Can Make Selling Your Business Simpler
Even if you’re thinking about selling your business over the next few years, it’s probably a good time to start planning. We have an article we think you’ll find interesting if this applies to you.
Introducing Our New Value Builder System for 2023
We’ve had the pleasure of providing our service to you over the years, and we are always looking for ways to improve the level of service we provide. We pay close attention to what our clients share with us, and we discovered many of you have a common obstacle, which is how can you spend more time working on your business versus in your business.
We’d like to introduce you to a tool that we’re working on for early 2023 that is a statistically proven methodology to improve multiple areas of your business. It’s also designed with you, the business owner, in mind. The Value Builder System™ is in line what our philosophy as a company, which is to discover ways to help you to not be so bogged down with work and find the freedom you seek to enjoy other passions in life.
If you’re interested, we’ll be sending you some insightful and thought-provoking information from time to time about building company value. If you’re eager to get started, just let us know, and we’ll make sure we update you as we add this service to our offerings.
Wishing You a Wonderful Holiday Season
2022 was a wonderful year, and we’re excited to see what 2023 has in store! We want to wish you and your family a great holiday season once more and say how grateful we are for you as our client. Thank you for trusting us to provide guidance and assistance as your financial advisors. If there is anything we can do for you now or in the future, please let us know.
Neal Owen | President
BlueRock Wealth Management Inc.
Financial Advisor | PEAK Investments Service Inc.
115 Hurontario Street, Suite 201 PO Box 185
Collingwood, Ontario L9Y 3Z5
Bus: 705-443-5599 x1241
The information contained herein was prepared by BlueRock Wealth Management Inc. This information has been obtained from sources we believe are reliable but is not guaranteed. The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of PEAK Investment Services.