Find out what’s new at BlueRock Wealth Management.
Autumn is a truly exceptional season in Ontario, but how do you choose a favorite season with everything that our area has to offer?
In this newsletter, you’ll find information about our hours over Thanksgiving, an office update as we finally transition away from working from home, and some ideas from our staff about places to visit in Ontario this fall.
Happy Thanksgiving and Office Hours Information
We wish you and your loved ones a Happy Thanksgiving! We will be closed on Friday, October 8th and are re-opening on Tuesday, October 12th. Should you require Investment assistance during Friday’s work hours, please call Shari Leroux at 705-5599 ext. 1231. All other inquiries will be attended to upon the team’s arrival back in the office on Tuesday. This information is also available on our office hours page.
While we continue to adhere to all provincially ordered health and safety protocols, our staff is now back in the office. Currently, we are taking in-person meetings by request. All clients will be asked to fill out a questionnaire before their visit and masks are required. If you would like information on meeting your advisor in person at our offices, please contact us to learn more.
Staff Picks: Places We Love to Visit in Ontario
- Derek Wiens: Prince Edward County—Derek loves exploring small, family-owned winemakers in the area while there visiting family. What is better than discovering artisan wineries who produce wine that is pleasantly different than what can be found in other parts of the province? One of his favorites is Top Dog Pinot Noir from Long Dog Winery which offers brighter, lighter and more concentrated wine than many at a comparable price point.
- Karen Emslie: Ottawa & Tobermory—Ottawa in the wintertime is top of Karen’s list. Be sure to plan to include the Winterlude Festival and ice sculptures, skating on the Rideau Canal, Byward Market, and Diefenbunker Museum.
- In the summer months, Karen recommends booking some time in Tobermory. The boat tours to Flower Pot Island, visiting Fathom Five Marine Park, The Grotto, and the Chi-Cheemaun Ferry are all highlights.
- Jeremy Nicholls: Fergus—Jeremy loves this great little town with tons of historic charm. Annually, Fergus hosts the Scottish Festival and Highland Games. The Grand River also runs right through the downtown core and provides some spectacular views over the water. Be sure to stop in at Jeremy’s wife’s knitting store if you fancy this craft. It’s called String Theory Yarn Shop. He also recommends the Bookery and the Butcher for other charming local businesses.
- Eric Hamm: Screaming Heads of Burk Falls, Long Point Beach & Long Point Provincial Park—Eric loves visiting Long Point Beach and Long Point Provincial Park — a relatively unknown and quiet park with warm, soft white beaches. Plan to camp or stay at a local inn and explore the area for bird watching, hiking, and fishing. It’s a hidden treasure right on Lake Erie.
- Kim Furniss: The Archipelago Islands in Georgian Bay—These islands are a great place to spend time at a cottage and spend time on the water. Boating in this area of Ontario is spectacular and enjoyed by many. This is a beautiful chain of islands that represent some of the best scenery in the Georgian Bay.
- Shari Leroux: Dwight Ontario—Dwight features a beautiful countryside smattered with charming businesses and attractions visitors and locals alike enjoy. Take a scenic drive, hike through gorgeous scenery, or spend some time in the north Lake of Bays area.
We’re here if you need our help
We have so much to be thankful for, and we wish you and your family the very best of the season. Know that we’re just a call away if you ever need assistance.
Neal Owen | President
BlueRock Wealth Management Inc.
Financial Advisor | PEAK Investments Service Inc.
115 Hurontario Street, Suite 201 PO Box 185
Collingwood, Ontario L9Y 3Z5
Bus: 705-443-5599 x1241
The information contained herein was prepared by BlueRock Wealth Management Inc. This information has been obtained from sources we believe are reliable but is not guaranteed. The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of PEAK Investment Services.