Back in 1984, our president, Neal Owen, founded BlueRock Wealth Management, and has since established our financial firm as the top source for sound financial advice and planning solutions in the Collingwood, Ontario area. Recently, Neal was thrilled to provide some of his insight regarding planning for a successful future in On the Bay magazine.
You can read the full article here on how to age gracefully and successfully plan for retirement, but here are some of the key points Neal made during the interview:
- Even if your children are grown, it is essential that you communicate your wishes and plans about your future to your family members.
- Working with your financial planner to establish a long-term life plan is a good first step to take. This plan should factor in several variables you cannot account for, including how long you live for.
- Financial wellness includes continually having honest conversations with your family to prevent misunderstandings when a big life event occurs.
- Even just a few brief conversations with your adult children about estate planning and your individual plans can go a long way towards your peace of mind and enactment of your plans.
- While many people worry about outliving their financial portfolio as they age, with the right plan, this should not be a problem.
Neal’s recommendations in this recent interview apply to everyone in every stage of life, so whether you are just starting out or nearing retirement, working with us can help you successfully plan financially for the future. To schedule your first appointment with one of our seasoned financial planners, contact us at BlueRock Wealth Management today!