With collaborative family law, we are able to offer assistance as your financial advisor to address the wishes of all parties involved in the negotiation process in Collingwood.
At BlueRock Wealth Management, we are committed to assisting you in finding ideal solutions when you have estate and succession planning challenges in Collingwood, Ontario.
Our collaborative family law team is equipped to assist clients who may find themselves in situations for which resolution may seem difficult or unlikely by offering assistance. By working with a team of legal professionals to address the wishes of all parties involved, collaborative family law aims to maintain an atmosphere of open communication so it may be possible to achieve outcomes that work well for all parties involved.
The collaborative family law process includes:
- Resolving disputes by tailoring the dispute process to the needs of all parties involved.
- Giving professional legal representation on both sides a joint mandate that empowers clients to create the best possible agreement under their own terms.
- The use of mediation, traditional litigation and collaborative family law to work towards resolution.
- Giving equal weight to the process and the outcome. Both parties must seek to understand and be understood.
Benefits of collaborative family law include:
- Using a team approach with all parties involved, including financial advisors and legal teams on both sides.
- The understanding that no legal proceedings will be started during the collaborative family law process. Everyone must work together to find an acceptable solution.
- The best possible outcomes are achieved when the needs and interests of both parties are met. Clients are not necessarily expected to agree, but will accept that an open mind and perspective are the best way to create a solution.
- A non-adversarial approach to information exchange and collaborative negotiations that take into consideration all available options.
- All parties are informed of their legal rights; however, resolutions do not have to be limited to rules dictated by law.
If you are interested in learning more about the collaborative family law process or would like to request assistance from a legal professional, contact us at BlueRock Wealth Management for a list of referred lawyers to help you begin the process. We will be with you at each stage to serve as financial advisors and work with your team to ensure you achieve the best results.
At BlueRock Wealth Management, we offer collaborative family law services in the Southern Georgian Bay Region, including Collingwood, Creemore, Thornbury, and Wasaga Beach. We also serve most of South and Central Ontario, including Toronto, Oakville, Burlington, Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph, Caledon, Barrie, Orangeville, Saugeen Shores, and Owen Sound.